Search This Blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Still Ill

Well, I'm going to try to spare you from the nitty gritty details, but let's just say I spent the majority of my weekend getting reacquainted with the inner workings of my toilet.

I don't know what it was that set me off, but my stomach was in a fit of rage from Friday evening until relatively recently.

Sorry, you probably didn't need to know that.

Anyway, as I lay on the bathroom floor, writhing in a fit of pain and self-pity, I took small comfort in the fact that no matter how miserable I was feeling in that moment, I knew there was at least one other person in the world who has felt more misery than I...

Picture from kovideo.net
Steven Patrick Morrissey.

As I drifted in and out of consciousness this afternoon, I played Hatful of Hollow on repeat on my nearby computer. Whether this helped me feel better or perpetuated the fever, I'll never know. I only know that when Moz belted out the chorus to "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" I thought, Yes. You understand me, Morrissey. And felt mildly better.



2 comments:

  1. Not on topic, but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtmS2ePSSdU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. The only band worthy to cover the Smiths, I think.

    ReplyDelete